Featured Posts

Wednesday

Couple found with phone belonging to woman who was kidnapped and murdered in Imo State lands in police net (Pictured)

Amaka Okere
A man found with the mobile phone of 45-year-old Mrs. Amaka Okere, who was kidnapped and murdered in Mbieri, Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State, has said the phone was given to him by his wife.

The suspect, Emeka Adibe, disclosed this while he was paraded alongside his wife, Monica, and other suspects arrested for different offences by the Imo State Police Command in Owerri, yesterday.
The couple. The state’s Commissioner of Police, Mr. Chris Ezike, said: “You will recall that on March 1, Mrs Amaka Okere, aged 45, of Mbieri in Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State, was kidnapped and murdered.
“Investigations are in progress. Emeka Adibe and Monica Adibe were arrested on June 15 in Rivers State and the victim’s telephone handset recovered from them.”
Wife’s story
However, while speaking to Vanguard, Mrs Adibe said it was her twin sister’s husband who gave her the phone.
Monica said: “I am a native of Arochukwu in Abia State; I am married with two kids. I went for a child dedication in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. “While preparing to return home, my sister’s husband gave me a phone. I did not know it was not his.
When I returned home, my husband saw the phone, took it and started using it; the Police arrested him. “I came to ask why he was arrested and the Police also arrested me.”
Her husband Mr. Emeka Adibe, said: “I swear, I don’t know anything about the phone.It is my wife that brought it and the police saw it and arrested me. This phone has put me in trouble.”
On the arrest of a suspect with fake currency notes, the police boss said: “One Anayo Iwuchu-kwu, male, aged 35 years, was arrested with 1000 pieces of N1000 notes suspected to be fake ready to sell same at the cost of N50,000.00.
Another suspect, Mr. Anayo Iwuchukwu, who was arrested in connection with fake currencies, said a friend handed him the cash to pass on to someone.
He said: “I am an electronic engineer. I have shop at New Market, Owerri. I want to tell you the truth; it was my friend that gave it to me and I did not know what was inside the bag. He said that I should give it to somebody.”
The Commissioner of Police described the breakthrough as “moderate harvest” of people who disturb the peace in the society. He also attributed it to the whistle-blowing policy and partnership with communities in the fight against crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.... Thank You.

For Ads Placement contact : 07031591456

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...