Featured Posts

Monday

“I stole my ex-employer’s properties, including his dog, to buy Christmas needs of my siblings” – Driver

                            abass-ope-and-his-loot
Operatives of the Rapid Response Squad, RRS, of the Lagos State Police Command, have arrested a driver who raided the home of his former boss and allegedly stole his pet dog, Toyota Avensis and other property, in the Magodo area of the state, on Christmas day.
Abass Ope, 24, who worked as a driver for his boss, Ekinodo Ifoghale, until August last year, said he needed money to celebrate Christmas, the Vanguard is reporting.
According to the police, he broke into the home of his former boss with an accomplice, while the ex-boss was in his home town in Delta State with members of his family.

They allegedly stole a 2013 model Toyota Avensis car, a 100-inch LCD television, another 42-inch LCD television, two DSTV decoders, a dog and a suitcase containing the family’s personal effects.
Ope was, however, bargaining with a car dealer at Ojuelegba, where he was offering to sell the N7 million car for N4 million, when the police arrested him.
Arrested alongside Ope were three other persons identified as Balogun Oluwaseun, 23; Sanni Azeez, 23, and Stephen Ewiele, 22.
Ope confessed that he raided his former boss’ house because his former boss owed him. He also added that he needed the money from the properties to provide money for his siblings to celebrate Christmas.
According to Abass, “the auto dealer I took the car to wanted to pay N2 million for it. But I insisted on N4 million because I knew it was worth more than that. He offered me N1 million cash instantly, with a promise that the balance would be ready some hours later.
“I left without collecting the money from him, with the hope that he would call me back for re-negotiation. But when he did not call me, I went back to Ojuelegba in the company of three of my friends to meet with the dealer, only to be arrested.
“My former boss was very nice to me while I was working with him. He enrolled me into the university, but I couldn’t continue when I left him.”
Owner of the stolen vehicle, Ekinodo Ifoghale, said: “I am in shock. This was a young man I treated like a son. Apart from my wife, he was the closest person to me. This was someone who did my shopping and every other thing. Even before I buy anything for myself, I bought for him first.”
Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmus, who confirmed the arrest, advised members of the public to always do a background check on domestic workers before employing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.... Thank You.

For Ads Placement contact : 07031591456

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...