Featured Posts

Friday

Yoruba girls are very caring - Nigerian Oyibo, Niki Tall talks about his love for Nigerian women, food and more...

                                
A few days ago, Nicolas Georgakis aka 'Niki Tall' visited Lagos Nigeria.

Niki Tall is a Greek-German musician known for African songs, including Nigerian ones. The DJ, music producer and singer has over the last half decade has gained popularity with Nigerian entertainers after a 2008 cover of 9ice's mega-hit 'Gongo Aso'.  

In this interview with Kemi Filani Blog, he talks about his love for Nigerian women, visit to Nigeria and more. Enjoy!



Who is Niki Tall?

My name is Nicholas  Georgakis aka Niki Tall, my stage name came from Nicholas as in Niki and Tall came from the fact that I am the tall, even the tallest in my family. I am half Greek and German, my dad is from Greece, while my Mother is German.


Flare for Nigerian music

 I come from a musically oriented family, so doing music was always there, thanks to the Nigerian DJ's and some of my friends who brushed me in the Nigerian way. Back then I had a Nigerian girlfriend, so Nigeria is my adopted country. One thing most people don't know is that i do have my job asides being a DJ, artist and producer, am a chemical technician in Germany too. 

Niki Tall 1

Visit to Nigeria
 
I would visit Nigeria again and again, mind you this is my second visit here, you know this is where it's happening and i have to relate with my fans right here. I would definitely come again but can't say when. 


Nigerian Women:
Like i said earlier I don fall in love with Nija babe tey tey, she was the one who helped polish my pidgin and even helped in speaking little Yoruba, so i got love for Nigerian girls. Although Marriage is not on my mind now, but I can marry a Nigerian girl. I once dated a Nigerian girl, and if i could date her, why can't i marry a Nigerian girl?
 
Ideal Woman:

My ideal woman is one who takes me just as i am and not the Niki Tall i am. She has got to be beautiful, fun loving and homely. She must be truthful most especially and should be able to do me Nigerian delicacy too.
 
Favorite Nigerian Tribe
 
I would go with Yoruba. Yorubas are very caring! I also love the language, it's close to Greek which has in depth meaning or interpretation to casual English descriptions or words.

Best Nigerian meal
 
I love Pounded Yam and Egusi Soup, that's still my favorite


Aside from remixing Nigerian songs and speaking pidgin, he has songs in Nigerian language
I have songs of my own in Nigerian Language, I can't do covers for ever you know, I have to carve my own niche, which I have done with Nigerian Music covers. I have three songs by me, namely Why you do me soBack to sender which i featured in with Rude bone, a Nigerian artiste based in the UK and i did be my baby too, all in Nigerian vibes and flavor.
 
I am definitely going to do collaborations, I tested the water with Rudebone in his music back to sender, and am ready, so watch out for my collaborations soon...

Favorite Nigerian artiste

 9ice!!!!! I have always loved him, remember I made an entry to the Nigerian Music with his song Gongo Aso, he is my favorite among others like Olamide, kiss Daniel and so on.
 
Female Nigerian Artistes

I also like Nigerian female Celebs. I met a few of them during my stay here in Nigeria from Waje, to Yemi Alade, Omawunmi. I like them too, they do good music like fine wine.
 
Difference between Nigerian and German music

One thing you should know is that music is a global language, the only difference is the native language that music is being conveyed in. German language is what I am used to but the pidgin language or yoruba fascinates me more, especially the Afro pop genre which you hardly find in Germany except by a Nigerian.

Upcoming project

I just released the song with Rudebone titled Back to sender the remix days ago, and right now I am working on my singles with other covers you would hear from me soon. Also i still have to do what i do that got me the fame on the internet, the video are continuous project asides being a producer and a DJ too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.... Thank You.

For Ads Placement contact : 07031591456

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...