Featured Posts

Friday

Yucky or Yummy? Some creepy insects some Nigerians consider delicacies

There are certain 'delicacies' that I will never be caught dead eating, and the ones you're about seeing are some of them. I mean, really!! The irony is that some of them are considered delicacies in Nigeria.

Which have you eaten, and which ones will dare attempt to eat? Go on the journey with  me as we explore five of the creepiest insects Nigerians snack on

Locust.

I recall during my service year, the villagers in my PPA were mad about locusts. Catch 'em, salt, 'em, fry 'em and eat with garri Ijebu. *puke*


Crickets 

My grandma was a lover of crickets, but thankfully that love did not extend to her grand kids


Palm Weevil Larva 

Winged Termites

The villagers in my aforementioned PPA were also termite crazy. Salted termites in local soup and pounded yam...yummy..

*puke*



Shea Butter Caterpillar

Jump and pass 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.... Thank You.

For Ads Placement contact : 07031591456

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...